h-source-users

Re: [H-source-users] future development on savannah

From: bill-auger
Subject: Re: [H-source-users] future development on savannah
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2019 22:39:54 -0400

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 12:51:35 +1100 Damien wrote:
> How about we migrate svn to git first and then you can push the actual
> code from h-node.org as a branch?  I've started the ball rolling with
> an email to all the authors in the svn repo to grab their user
> details for the new git log.

you do not need to do that manually - there automated tools that can
convert the SVN history into a one-to-one corresponding git commit
history, preserving authorship and SVN commit messages - that could be
accomplished on the github website, for example, with a few mouse
clicks, in less time than it took me to write that sentence

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 12:51:35 +1100 Damien wrote:
> Where are the open issues located? I can't seem to find them on
> savannah.

note there are two distinct, but co-related projects: h-source and
h-client; and so two separate savannah teams, and two bug trackers -
there a few bugs posted against h-client - i dont think that savannah
supports merging them into one; but that really would be desirable from
the management perspective