h-source-users

[H-source-users] h-node updates: sorting, new vendors, broken links

From: Ian Gilfillan
Subject: [H-source-users] h-node updates: sorting, new vendors, broken links
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 00:44:59 +0200

I've made quite a few updates to h-node over the weekend. I've added a bunch of new vendors to the list (the FSF Respects your freedom notebooks, and those listed as outstanding issues - some were open for over a year). I've also done some changes to the sorting, so that all hardware categories are now sorted by compatibility by default. And I've removed all broken links that I'm aware of and fixed some typos.

All of these changes have also been committed to h-source, so you can see all the diffs there:
http://svn.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc/trunk/?root=h-source&view=log

Main outstanding issues:
- pci.ids and usb.ids should be regularly synced to the vendors. At the moment these seem to be loaded once on install - h-node and h-source are closer, but still not in sync. In particular, there is one large set of updates made by Antonio on h-source as part of some changes to EasyGIant that I need to investigate further, and decide to incorporate or revert. Also, there is a mix of hard-coded h-node specific content, and generic content that can be filled in on a clean install. I am tempted to simply use the h-node content, as this is the primary use of h-source. This will also make it easier for others to contribute text changes/translations to h-node. If you feel strongly either way, please let me know.

Finally, I think h-node is in shape to receive some contributions, so feel free to share with others and let them know the project is active again, ready to receive hardware, and that issues should be responded to reasonably quickly.