gzz-dev

[Gzz] Wording: "Transfork"

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: [Gzz] Wording: "Transfork"
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 22:55:18 +0200

Hi all,

Just came up with a good replacement for what I earlier, badly, called "transcopying." A *transfork* is a form of transclusion where we create a new version of the transcluded object (cell or bunch of cells). That is, with this we have two forms of transcluding cells: Cloning (where we put the *same* version in two contexts, so that if we change it in one context, it also changes in the other); and transforking (where we create a *different* version, so that if we change one version, the other doesn't change). In both cases, the transclusions remain connected (but of course, that's implicit in the word, "transclusion").

Transforks are needed because we need to be able to have several versions of the same thing available at the same time for intercomparison of alternatives.

- Benja