gzz-dev

[Gzz] Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: 2nd (Benja)]]

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: [Gzz] Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: 2nd (Benja)]]
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 11:08:48 +0300

> >Never make a hack "for now" that you wouldn't be happy with for
> >at least a year ;)
>
> So should I undo the change? :)

No, just a general philosophy thing.

During this demo hurryup, I've revamped the GL coordsys stuff in a way
that I'm really happy with and which will be with us for a long time,
I think.

> >>1) We have far too many things to indicate in the window :-/ But I agree
> >>this would be useful.
> >>2) However, we need support from the GraphicsAPI for this, so that we
> >>can know which window is front. I don't feel it's worth that, just right
> >>now...
> >
> >Umm, this is window-manager dependent: for me, I often want windows
> >somewhat obscured to have focus. (focus follows mouse, not click-to-focus)
>
> Well, if we could ask which window is front, we could also use that
> window's view.

???

We have to separate "front" and "focus" here.

> >>Of course, I have window decorations that show me which window is front...
> >>
> >>Also, I'd really like a fix for the problem here, which is that there
> >>are multiple windows and only one view can determine the binder.
> >
> >Well, I guess the focus would be the thing.
>
> As focus is normally completely ignored in zz key bindings, I find that
> counter-intuitive.

Hmm. How does the cursor spec work? There's a "focus" there.

        Tuomas