gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] OrthoCoordsys???

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Gzz] OrthoCoordsys???
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 13:33:55 +0200

Tuomas Lukka wrote:

I now have made the OpenGL client boot but making it look
right is difficult: the new class OrthoCoordsys, which
is undocumented (neither the overall design nor javadocs)
is on the vob path and used by the VobVanishingClient indirectly.

I don't understand. What do you mean by "used indirectly?"

OrthoCoordsys simply stores the coordinates of all coord systems in arrays. Before, OrthoCoorder stored them in CS objects, which made for a greater garbage collector load. But AFAIK, all there is now could be implemented through the CS object approach.

Benja: could you figure out what's the quickest way to implement
the similar stuff for OpenGL or alternatively, get rid of it?

What is the problem? Doesn't the GL stuff have a way to store coordinates already?

I'll do the implementation once you document and explain.
Note that the resulting code needs to be FAST: if it isn't fast enough,
we need to scrap this approach.

I don't see how something that makes storage in the AWT vob system faster could influence the speed of OpenGL at all, much less make it slower.

- Benja