gzz-dev

[Gzz] 22nd et co

From: Vesa Kaihlavirta
Subject: [Gzz] 22nd et co
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 01:01:57 +0300

Earlier...

Fixed the last kaffe-problem. Now everything _compiles_ with jikes and kaffe's
VM. Note that in kaffe, RMI-classes are in a separate .jar-file.

Noticed that most of our .py-files had tabs and spaces mixed. Not a bug as such,
but might lead to quite nasty bugs in future. Python doesn't normally complain
about these if it can parse the source correctly, so people writing python might
want to do "python -tt foo.py" once and a while. -tt emits errors if
tabs/spaces
are used inconsistently.

Not sure about emacs (if I remember correctly, it tries to detect whether tabs
or spaces are used), but I know vim tries to use whatever it is set to use --
:retab
helps there.

Perhaps we need guidelines on writing python code?

...now.

Kaffe choked on "from java.awt import *" in gzz/control/commander.py, not sure
why.
But it's bad practice anyway, so I changed that to import java.awt and so on.

Ceterum censeo, we might need guidelines on writing python code ;-)

--
V.K.