gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Storm interfaces

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Storm interfaces
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 19:07:12 +0300

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 12:36:17PM +0200, Benja Fallenstein wrote:

> >>I don't understand the .uml format, and I don't understand the tags I
> >>have to put in the javadoc.
> >>

> >Ok, 1. There are no tags in javadoc now: that's the older system.
> >

> Ah, that helps ;-)
>
> >2. UML file format: simple python-like space-oriented syntax: define
> > objects and connect them.
> >

> Yes, I understood that much. But... Ok, let's walk through one
> step-by-step (core.uml):
>
> - What is "jlinkpackage gzz"?
> - What is "jlink"?

jlink is the hyperlink from the diagram. All blue elements
in the final diagram are clickable. jlinkpackage is the default
target for javadoc jlinks from the diagram:

        jlinkpackage foo

        class bar
                jlink
        class baz
                jlink
                        zip.baz

here, bar is linked to the javadoc of foo.bar and baz to zip.baz.

> - What is "naryassoc"?

N-ary association. See UML reference guide.

> - How does the "assoc" command work? -- Guess: "assoc CLASS1 [compos]
> multi(NUMBER1) - multi(NUMBER2) CLASS2", meaning: connect CLASS1 to
> CLASS2, where NUMBER1 and NUMBER2 are 1, 7, 2..5, 0..*, * etc. But how
> does this interact with role() and naryassoc?

role() simply adds the role label to that end of the association.
Naryassoc looks just like a class from this perspective.

> - It seems that you can assign some things to variables, e.g. assocs.
> What does it mean to write "foo = assoc xyz" instead of just "assoc
> xyz"? Or, are these MP linear equations, not assignments? If so, again,
> what do they mean/what are they for?

Normally connections are not named, and the paths are lines.
However, sometimes you want to make e.g. curved associations.
Then, you use

        foo = assoc a b

in .uml and in .mp you can then do

        foo.p = ( a.c{1,0}..b.c{-1,0} );

to get a curved path.

> - What does "otq = qual" mean and why are there parameters to this
> assignment (fields)?

Assignment is a bad name: it means "make a thing like this and call it foo
instead of the default name".

Qual is a UML qualifier (again, refer to the UML reference guide).

        Tuomas