guix-devel

Re: url-fetch with referer

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: url-fetch with referer
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 16:28:17 +0200

> More generally, we’ve added a couple of HTTP headers for issues that
> were relatively common.  We could easily fix this one, but maybe you
> could first talk to the webmasters, because requiring ‘Referer’ sounds
> obnoxious; WDYT?

So I did for 1 website and the answer was that this is on purpose, to
"avoid linking directly to the archive from a different website."  A
rather delusional enforcement, but hey, if we can't convince the webmasters...

How would we add the relevant HTTP header then?

> (Note that in the meantime you can always work around the problem by
> writing your own fixed-output derivation.)

I don't understand, can you explain?

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/