guix-devel

Re: Video narration

From: Paul Garlick
Subject: Re: Video narration
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 22:36:25 +0100

Hi Laura,

> I found the reason for this.

Great.

> I wanted to take a look at how totem was packaged but I can't find
> it.

The method I use to track packages is to search at
https://guix-hpc.bordeaux.inria.fr/browse

In this case a search for 'totem' points to the definition at
gnu/packages/gnome.scm, line 3845.

If you take a look at the definition you can see how the dependencies
are specified.  I am not very familiar with the Gnome packages but I
could imagine there may be a difference between the Debian list of
dependencies and the Guix list.

Perhaps your test has revealed a bug in the Guix packaging of totem.

Best regards,

Paul.