guix-devel

gnome-shell and LD_LIBRARY_PATH

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: gnome-shell and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 23:22:20 +0200

Hi Guix,

I just noticed that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set in my shell environments.
Looking at the directories it contains I realised that this is because
of gnome-shell.

When I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the “wrap-programs” phase of the
“gnome-shell” package I did not expect all running programs in a GNOME
session to inherit it.

What do you think: can we find a way to get rid of it?  Either from
the gnome-shell package or from the GNOME environment in which other
applications are started?

--
Ricardo