guix-devel

Re: Fingerprint GUI

From: Hartmut Goebel
Subject: Re: Fingerprint GUI
Date: Sat, 18 May 2019 11:12:54 +0200

Am 17.05.19 um 13:52 schrieb Raghav Gururajan:
> I came across this Fingerprint GUI application
> (http://www.ullrich-online.cc/fingerprint/index.php). Is this
> completely free of blobs and will it be compatible with Guix?

>From the Readme:

Fingerprint GUI is based on the libfprint library. Additionally, you may
install the bundled non-free libbsapi library. In this case Fingerprint GUI
will automatically support all fingerprint readers manufactured by UPEK,
Inc.

Thus I assume one could remove the upex directory and it would be Guix
compatible.

Also https://launchpad.net/~fingerprint/+archive/ubuntu/fingerprint-gui
might be helpful.

--