guix-devel

Re: guix package --search slow ?

From: Meiyo Peng
Subject: Re: guix package --search slow ?
Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 10:22:40 +0800

Hi zimoun,

zimoun writes:

> When searching packages with `guix search`, it appears to me slow;
> especially compared to `aptitude` of Debian.
> What should be done to improve the search speed?

I remember "guix package --search" has always been pretty fast since
this patch series of Ludovic is merged into guix:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-patches/2019-01/msg00254.html.

Before that, "guix package --search" is slow.

Please check your guix's version.  If you are not using an old Guix.  I
am not sure why your experience is different from us.

--
Meiyo Peng
https://www.pengmeiyu.com/