guix-devel

Re: Translation of the Guix manual & node names

From: Meiyo Peng
Subject: Re: Translation of the Guix manual & node names
Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 10:29:35 +0800

Hi Julien,

Julien Lepiller writes:

> Le 24 avril 2019 09:08:34 GMT+02:00, Meiyo Peng <address@hidden> a écrit :
>>Hi Julien,
>>
>>Julien Lepiller writes:
>>
>>> No, we have a small script that takes care of this. As long as the
>>node
>>> name is translated somewhere near the beginning of the file, it is
>>also
>>> automatically translated in the rest of the file. So that shouldn't
>>> cause an issue. Maybe there's an error in the script?
>>>
>>> Look at xref_command in doc/local.mk
>>
>>The xref_command is too complex for me to understand.  Do you mean we
>>don't need to translate all the reference strings in @ref{}, @xref{}
>>and
>>@pxref{} as long as the target node name after "@node" is translated?
>>That will be a good news.
>
> Yes exactly! What this command does is to look for any ref, xref and pxref
> command and look for the translation of its content in the po file for the
> language.

I just find out that the @pxref{Packages with Multiple Outputs} in
doc/contributing.texi has to be translated.  Or I will get an error
while running make:

#+begin_example
  doc/contributing.zh_CN.texi:567: @pxref reference to nonexistent node
`Packages with Multiple Outputs'
#+end_example

I guess it's because the node name is in doc/guix.texi (another file
than doc/contributing.texi).  Any idea?

--
Meiyo Peng
https://www.pengmeiyu.com/