guix-devel

Re: New Russian PO file for 'guix-manual' (version 1.0.0-pre3)

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: New Russian PO file for 'guix-manual' (version 1.0.0-pre3)
Date: Sat, 11 May 2019 22:14:10 +0200

Hi Pavel and znavko,

Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> skribis:

> While trying to integration the Russian translation of the manual into
> Guix, I stumbled upon the following issues:
>
>   • The “contributing.texi” string must translate to
>     “contributing.ru.texi”; failing to do that, the build system would
>     include the English version of that file, leading to various
>     failures.
>
>   • “dfn{функциональный пакетный менеджер}” should be replaced by
>     address@hidden пакетный менеджер}” (with an address@hidden).
>
>   • There’s one typo: address@hidden should be replaced by address@hidden
>
>   • You translated node names “Using the Operating System” and “System
>     Configuration” by the same string, but Texinfo requires these two
>     strings to be different.  Could you change one or the other?
>
>   • The translation of node name “Keyboard Layout and Networking and
>     Partitioning” includes commas, I think, which are unfortunately not
>     allowed in this context.  Is there a way you could work around that?

It seems to me that these issues are not addressed in revision
“2019-05-11 22:05+0200” of the PO file.

There’s also a missing closing brace for @footnote here:

  @footnote{Флаг @option{-E} команды @command{sudo}) …

Could you take a look?

I’d really like us to include the Russian manual in Guix 1.0.1,
hopefully by the end of next week.  Let us know if you need guidance!

Thanks,
Ludo’.