guix-devel

Re: GNOME Core Applications

From: swedebugia
Subject: Re: GNOME Core Applications
Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 08:31:18 +0200

Hi Dexter

On 2019-05-05 15:27, Dexter Morgan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was going over list of GNOME Core Applications
> at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNOME_Core_Applications. I am not able
> to find half of them in my Guix System as a part of GNOME Desktop.
> Aren't these core applications usually bundled with GNOME Desktop? Quite
> confused. :(

Guix is a work in progress. Did you search for the packages using "guix
search"?

Would you like to try packaging one of them? See
http://guix.gnu.org/blog/2018/a-packaging-tutorial-for-guix/

If not I suggest you post to help-guix in the future as this mailing
list is for developing related questions.

Psst: packaging is not as hard as it looks, there are lots of helpful
people here to give you hints and a hand if you get stuck.

--
Cheers Swedebugia