guix-devel

Re: Renewing certificates with certbot

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: Re: Renewing certificates with certbot
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2019 15:12:54 +0100

Hi Julien,

Julien Lepiller <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> I don't think this is an issue: the file is world-readable, but the
> directory
> it's in is not accessible to anyone but root. OpenSMTPD still complains,
> but I think there's no security issue.

not a seriuos (security) issue but an issue (service warning) should be
fixed anyway IMHO, other *future* services could be affacted by this and
complain or not start at all

your fix should be applied in certbot-service-type service definition if
possible (and reported upstream if it depends on the software)

WDYT?

sorry I can't help fixing this

Thanks!
Giovanni