guix-devel

Re: Guix video repository: First video script commited

From: sirgazil
Subject: Re: Guix video repository: First video script commited
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2019 07:20:53 -0500

El 28/02/19 a las 4:52 p. m., Laura Lazzati escribió:
Hi!
Thanks for the steps!

+ Text is not rendered with the appropriate font (known issue).
+ Firefox 65.0.1 says "Video can't be played because the file is corrupt."
We are currently testing everything with vlc and mpv, but thanks for this too.

These are the steps I followed to build the videos:

1. $ git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix/videos.git (I got
commit 03930dc)
2. Add missing fonts to $HOME/.fonts
Are you creating the .fonts directory here?
3. $ fc-cache -f
4. $ fc-list ($HOME/.fonts is listed)
5. $ cd path/to/videos
6. $ ./environment.sh
You should add the fonts inside the environment :) (2. and 3.)
7. [env]# cd 01-installation-from-script
8. [env]# ./buildall.sh

After running these, the videos are available in:

    videos/01-installation-from-script/en_US/videos/

The resulting videos don't use the appropriate fonts in my case.
Let me push some changes and answer back, but you should be able to
create the videos after my next push. I should update the README with
the order in which scripts should be run, so that there is no
confusion.

No wonder it didn't work for me :P I tried again with your changes, and text is displayed correctly in the videos.

--
Luis Felipe López Acevedo
http://sirgazil.bitbucket.io/