guix-devel

Re: virtual network interfaces in container

From: Christopher Baines
Subject: Re: virtual network interfaces in container
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 00:16:13 +0000

Giovanni Biscuolo <address@hidden> writes:

> please is there any wip on implementing virtual network interfaces in
> "guix system container"s?
>
> AFAIU now the only way to have a container with virtualized network
> interfaces is to use "guix system docker-image", right?

So, a while back, I did send a patch to at least allow sharing the hosts
network, just like the --network flag to guix environment.

The patch is here [1], unfortunately, it's been a while since I looked
at it. I should really try and neaten it up and get it merged in, but
it's there if that's useful to you.

1: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=28128

Chris