guix-devel

Re: bug#34211: error running container: mingetty cannot find ttys

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: Re: bug#34211: error running container: mingetty cannot find ttys
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 18:19:52 +0100

Hello,

Giovanni Biscuolo <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> I'll try to remove term-tty[1..6] manually from services declaration, if
> I manage to "manually" solve this I'll report here

I tried but failed, I'm removing both mingetty and console-font from
%base-services list:

  (services (cons* (service dhcp-client-service-type)
                   (service openssh-service-type
                            (openssh-configuration
                             (x11-forwarding? #t)
                             (permit-root-login 'without-password)
                             (authorized-keys
                              `(("gbiscuolo" ,(local-file
"ssh-authorized-keys/gbiscuolo.pub"))))
                             (port-number 22)))
                   (remove (lambda (service)
                             (eq? (service-kind service) mingetty-service-type)
                             (eq? (service-kind service)
console-font-service-type))
                           %base-services))))

but term-tty[1..6] and console-font-tty[1..6] processes still get
installed and started by herd

please any hint on how to "manually" remove those two failing services?

Thanks!
Giovanni

--
Giovanni Biscuolo