guix-devel

Re: New topic: configuration video

From: Björn Höfling
Subject: Re: New topic: configuration video
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 22:20:54 +0100

On Sat, 9 Feb 2019 20:50:47 -0300
Laura Lazzati <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Guix!
>
> Out next video will be about getting our system properly configured.
> For instance, the troubleshooting with locales, source your profile,
> and whatever you think it should be mentioned in a 3 min video about
> having your system working.
> So let's the discussion start :)

Hi Laura,

I would do all things mentioned in

https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/guix.html#Application-Setup

I'm not sure of how much we can get into in 3 minutes, but one idea
would be to show the side-effects before and after doing the step.

For example, on could install and start icecat, see that the fonts look
totally non-available, install the fonts and show again that the output
is nice now.

That concrete example would then need a graphical screen-cast though, a
technical aspect we have not covered in the current workflow. Well or
at least a screen-shot, that could be enough.

Björn