guix-devel

Re: Patchwork + automated checking and testing of patches

From: Christopher Baines
Subject: Re: Patchwork + automated checking and testing of patches
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2019 13:53:59 +0100

So, today at the Guix Days event in Brussels I've made a small change to
the Laminar configuration related to patchwork.cbaines.net.

Now, when processing a series of patches, it should create a Git branch
and push it to a repository.

For example, for this patch series [1], you can see it being processed
here [2]. The result of applying the patches is pushed up to this Git
repository [3], and you can see the commit range here [4].

1: https://patchwork.cbaines.net/project/guix-patches/list/?series=482
2: https://laminar.cbaines.net/jobs/patchwork-test-series/826
3: https://git.cbaines.net/guix/patches/log/?h=series-482-version-1
4:
https://git.cbaines.net/guix/patches/log/?h=series-482-version-1&qt=range&q=base-for-series-482-version-1..series-482-version-1

I'm hoping that having the patches in a Git repository can enable using
things like `guix pull` to build a Guix with the patches to then extract
information about what's changed, as well as potentially being useful
for getting Cuirass to build things...