guix-devel

Re: 02/19: guix: register-path: Implement prototype in scheme.

From: Caleb Ristvedt
Subject: Re: 02/19: guix: register-path: Implement prototype in scheme.
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 13:30:38 -0600

Hello!

> Could you try and rebase ‘guile-daemon’ on top of these modules?  I’m
> happy to answer any questions you may have regarding modifications that
> I made.

I'm not sure what is meant by "on top of these modules". If I understand
correctly, the problem is that while technically guile-daemon is rebased
on master (ran the git commands, they finished succesfully, etc), it's
not really as if the changes were written "with master in mind", so to
speak. That is, we end up with weird-looking stuff like adding
register-path to (guix store) *after* we already have register-items,
just to remove it a few commits later, adding and then removing (guix
sql), etc. And while technically it ends up "in the right place" now, a
coherent commit history is always good.

Is that about right?

> Thanks for picking up work on the daemon!

I'd hate for all those hours poring over C++ to go wasted!

- reepca