guix-devel

Re: Changes in the spending committee for the FSF Fund

From: swedebugia
Subject: Re: Changes in the spending committee for the FSF Fund
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2019 09:32:22 +0100

"Ludovic Courtès" <address@hidden> skrev: (25 januari 2019 23:57:21 CET)
Hi,

Gábor Boskovits <address@hidden> skribis:

swedebugia <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. jan. 24.,
Cs, 23:04):

On 2018-09-08 17:11, Christopher Lemmer Webber wrote:
Ludovic Courtès writes:

Thanks Mark for your time on the spending committee, and welcome Tobias!

Yes, thank you both!

Thanks to you all for doing this work.

It would be nice I think to have transparency towards the community.
Given the very large donations I think this is important.

Are the decisions of the committee public and published somewhere?

Is there a public account balance also somewhere and a list of prior
spendings so we can get an overview?

I believe this information is available in the maintenance repository.

There’s a ledger for the Guix Europe non-profit¹, which is a separate
entity, but most of the transactions on the funds held at the FSF have
been made via Guix Europe. Another use of the FSF fund has been the
Outreachy internship (that predates the recent donation by Handshake and
the change on the spending committee.) I think it’s now time to add a
new ledger to write this down. Tobias, Ricardo?

Thanks,
Ludo’.

PS: address@hidden is an alias for the spending committee members.

¹ https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/guix-europe/accounting/accounting.ledger