guix-devel

Re: ‘nss-certs’ missing in the installation image

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: Re: ‘nss-certs’ missing in the installation image
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 10:00:45 +0100

Hi Pierre,

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:

> What's the procedure to install nss-certs then?
> Will a simple `guix package -i nss-certs` do?

no, a number of environment variables need to be defined, depending on
applications

it's all documented in "@node X.509 Certificates" ;-)

>> Someone following the normal installation procedure shouldn’t need those
>> certificates though.  WDYT?
>
> HTTPS access is a fairly common requirement for a lot of people I
> think.

there's a "@cindex HTTPS, certificates" in that node: do you think we
need another one?

do we need a guix-faq.texi ala "Emacs FAQ"?
(IMHO we need it, I can help maintaining it but sorry I cannot
"bootstrap" it since I still lack needed knowledge)

WDYT?

Ciao,
Giovanni

--