guix-devel

Re: Guix Wikidata module - next steps

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Guix Wikidata module - next steps
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2019 18:25:05 +0100

Hello!

Interesting work!

swedebugia <address@hidden> skribis:

> First thing to add is the procedures from guile-wikidata that enables us to
> get a label for a given Qid and the output of queries like the one below.
>
> The second thing to add is fold procedures to guess the right qid according
> to the upstream names of guix packages.
>
> The third thing to add is an importer that helps us add qid to our packages.
>
> Here we have a decision to make. Should we add them as properties or extend
> our record with a field?
> I.e.
> (properties
>  `((wikidata . "qid"))
> Or
> (wikidata "qid")

Does Wikidata store Common Platform Enumeration (CPE) names for
software?  CPE is a attempts to provide standard names for software
packages, primarily so that one can unambiguously refer to a software
package in a CVE.

If Wikidata supported CPE, that’d be nice because in Guix we already
store (sometimes…) ‘cpe-name’ properties so that things like ‘guix lint
-c cve’ know which package to look for in the CVE database.

Ludo’.