guix-devel

Re: Brain storming cool Guix features

From: Amirouche Boubekki
Subject: Re: Brain storming cool Guix features
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2019 21:04:51 +0100

Le dim. 6 janv. 2019 à 17:33, swedebugia <address@hidden> a écrit :
Amirouche Boubekki <address@hidden> skrev: (6 januari 2019 14:44:30 CET)
>Le ven. 4 janv. 2019 à 18:14, <address@hidden> a écrit :
>

>> - Guile and Scheme for Beginners book.
>>

>Regarding this topic, I just made a mini game to teach scheme, there
>very
>few exercices, let me know what you think
>
>http://scheme-lang.com/cons/

I like it!

Thanks a lot! I forgot to point out that the code is available at your own risk at https://github.com/amirouche/scheme-lang/

A tentative explanation of how it works is over the moutain at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/chibi-scheme/UW11XvoAF1c

Maybe we could make a guix variant. Maybe enable selection of topics in the beginning like: config, packaging, derivations...

With that tool at hand, we can imagine many things. My primary thoughts was about learning scheme hence guile (even if it's a variant of scheme, a lot of concepts are shared between the two). But we could use it to provide questions with multiple answers to learn guix specifically.