guix-devel

Re: Docker and singularity containers

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Docker and singularity containers
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2019 19:57:32 +0100

Dear,

I am interested by Docker images for specific tasks (scientific
python, R.sumo, etc.).
Around me, people are pulling a debian Docker image then feed it with
some specific dockerfile to produce a R environment ready to use.
And I trying to do that for some bioconductor packages about Flow
Cytometry data analysis.

Well, why not push to DockerHub time to time.
I agree that will attract people if Guix provide an official docker
image reachable from DockerHub.
For example, there is an official image of neuroscience Debian packages:
https://hub.docker.com/_/neurodebian

When searching about Guix, it is not so meaningful:
https://hub.docker.com/search?q=guix&type=image

Therefore:
 - which tasks and which packages?
 - how?
even if the how is already discussed.

Could we discuss that at the before-FOSDEM days.

What do you think?

All the best,
simon