guix-devel

Re: Installer and luks support.

From: Mathieu Othacehe
Subject: Re: Installer and luks support.
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2018 20:15:29 +0900

Hi Gábor,

> Can't we offer here the option to retry the failed step? i.e. guix system init
> in this case? I mean we have everything set up to simply retry. Does
> that make sense?

Yes that could be a viable option. We could allow the user to launch
again the install command, but we cannot allow him to go back to the
installer menu and resume the process wherever.

Or, we could keep the menu active but remove some critical steps such as
"partitioning" that require umounting/closing.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Mathieu