guix-devel

Book idea and Guix items in the FSF(E) shops

From: swedebugia
Subject: Book idea and Guix items in the FSF(E) shops
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2018 01:14:49 -0800

Hi

I took a look in the shop https://shop.fsf.org/ and
https://fsfe.org/order/order.sv.html.

I was wondering if anyone have thought of suggesting Guix/GuixSD items
to the people managing the stores?

I would definately like to see/buy a mug or a t-shirt with the logo and
a sticker for my laptop.

What about a book "Introduction to Guile Scheme" modeled after the emacs
lisp one but with Guix in locus instead of emacs?

Thinking further I'm guessing we could use some of the newly donated
funds to give incentitive for write such a book ourselves. E.g. by
defining resonable chapters and establish clearly defined bounties.

I for one would like to contribute to such a book. We could work in
wikibooks or in our own place somewhere but it should be easy to edit
(easier than a git repo/patch by email).

--
Cheers
Swedebugia