guix-devel

Re: Using a CDN or some other mirror?

From: Hartmut Goebel
Subject: Re: Using a CDN or some other mirror?
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 11:40:52 +0100

Am 03.12.2018 um 17:12 schrieb Ludovic Courtès:
> Thus, I’m thinking about using a similar setup, but hosting the mirror
> on some Big Corp CDN or similar.

Isn't this a contradiction: Building a free infrastructure relaying on
servers from some Big Corporation? Let allow the privacy concerns
raising when delivering data via some Big Corporation.

If delivering "packages" works via static data without requiring any
additional service, we could ask universities to host Guix, too. IMHO
this is a much preferred solution since this is a decentralized publish
infrastructure already in place for many GNU/Linux distributions.

--
+++hartmut

| Hartmut Goebel            |                       |
| address@hidden | www.goebel-consult.de |