guix-devel

Re: hg-fetch with subrepos

From: Björn Höfling
Subject: Re: hg-fetch with subrepos
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2018 11:53:55 +0100

On Sat, 1 Dec 2018 11:10:54 -0800
John Soo <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi guix!
>
> Thanks and please bear with my first ever mailing list post.  I was
> trying to package coin3d
> (https://bitbucket.org/Coin3D/coin/wiki/Home) as it is now under a
> bsd3 license.  The hash of the repo always changes. I think this is
> due to the .hg files not being recursively deleted for the
> subrepositories (https://www.mercurial-scm.org/wiki/Subrepository).
> Does anyone have any insights?

Hi John,

I'm also packaging coin3d :-)

And I stumbled upon that problem too. Ludovic explained me on IRC: The
problem is the metadata directory ".hg": It contains metadata that is
not fixed. For normal hg-repositories, it will be stripped away, but
not recursively for those with sub-repos.

I have a patch that works. I just wasn't sure if it goes to master or
to staging, as it could affect the java-packages as well.

I'm attaching what I have here, will prepare an official patch tonight
or tomorrow.

Björn

PS: With coin3d, I want to add freecad. If that is your intention too,
we should share resources.