guix-devel

Re: Octave & QtOctave

From: swedebugia
Subject: Re: Octave & QtOctave
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 17:21:31 +0100

On 2018-11-28 11:47, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
Kei Kebreau <address@hidden> skribis:
snip

I agree with ng0 that Octave and its GUI interface should be kept in
separate packages, as the difference in size is more than 5000 MiB.
I also agree that the GUI package should be named "octave", but I don't
know whether the CLI package should be named "octave-minimal" or
"octave-cli".  I find myself leaning toward "octave-cli" because the CLI
package does include some non-essential dependencies.

Makes sense to me.  If others agree with this (“octave-cli” rather than
“octave-minimal”), go ahead!

I agree.

--
Cheers