guix-devel

FOSDEM developer rooms

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: FOSDEM developer rooms
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 11:30:32 +0100

Hello Guix!

Somehow I missed most of the deadlines for the FOSDEM developer rooms
this year.  There are still tracks of interest to us Guix:

  • Free Java
    <https://lists.fosdem.org/pipermail/fosdem/2018q4/002766.html> (1 Dec.)

  • distributions
    <https://lists.fosdem.org/pipermail/fosdem/2018q4/002786.html> (2 Dec.)

  • containers

<https://discuss.linuxcontainers.org/t/fosdem-2019-containers-devroom-call-for-papers/3149>
    (14 Dec.)

I think we should definitely propose a talk in the distributions and
containers track.  If you’re interested, let’s synchronize.

Unfortunately I think we missed the deadline for Rust (where Danny would
have had nice things to tell!) and for HPC.  :-/

Some of us had planned to give talks in the minimalistic language track
(see <https://lists.fosdem.org/pipermail/fosdem/2018q4/002766.html>),
but if you haven’t formally submitted a proposal yet, now’s the time!

Ludo’.