guix-devel

Re: 01/02: tests: Increase root partitions size to 2G.

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: 01/02: tests: Increase root partitions size to 2G.
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 15:43:49 +0100

Hello,

Mathieu Othacehe <address@hidden> skribis:

>> As discussed in <https://issues.guix.info/issue/32966#5>, the “1G” bit
>> is somewhat part of the test: it ensures a bare-bones install doesn’t
>> take more than that.  So I’d really like to keep it like this.
>
> Hmm, I think I understand the problem, I added a few packages in
> 'installation-os' for font management in kmscon (fontconfig, font-dejavu
> and font-gnu-unifont) and they end-up in the disk-image via
> 'operating-system-add-packages' call.

But they don’t end up in the installed system, do they?  Normally we
install bare-bones.tmpl as is, right?

> So maybe I should remove them in (gnu tests install) to avoid increasing
> the limit, WDYT?

Dunno, it seems to me that the limit this commit modifies is that of the
installed system (i.e., bare-bones), not that of the installer itself.

That said, we should also be careful about the size of the installer, so
it’s worth running ‘guix size’ to check how much these packages add and
whether we can strip that.

Thanks,
Ludo’.