guix-devel

Re: Getting ‘core-updates’ merged

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Getting ‘core-updates’ merged
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2018 10:41:59 +0100

Hi there!

address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) skribis:

> What remains to be done is mostly (1) ensuring that there’s no
> significant regression in terms of build failures compared to ‘master’,
> and (2) making sure GuixSD boots and works fine.
>
> For #1, a simple test is to try and upgrade your profile and see if
> everything builds and works well.  In addition, you can look at these
> dashboards to identify build failures that need to be addressed:
>
>   https://hydra.gnu.org/jobset/gnu/core-updates
>   https://berlin.guixsd.org/jobset/core-updates-core-updates

There are still failures out there!

  https://hydra.gnu.org/eval/110331?full=1#tabs-still-fail

The above list is slightly outdated so I’m restarting an evaluation on
hydra.gnu.org.

A prominent issue is LibreOffice:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2018-11/msg00332.html

There are also many more issues on armhf and i686 than on x86_64.

> For #2, running “make check-system”, or at least the inexpensive subset
> of system tests (the expensive tests are the installation tests) should
> give a good overview—Mark already reported an issue at
> <https://issues.guix.info/issue/33362>.  The next step of course is to
> try it on the bare metal for your own system config.

I’m running GuixSD from ‘core-updates’ and everything is working fine.
:-)  (I’m using Xorg, NM, etc., but not GNOME.)

Please check if it works for you!  We need your help!

Ludo’.