guix-devel

Re: First patch & hello

From: swedebugia
Subject: Re: First patch & hello
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 20:07:20 +0100

Hi :)

Welcome to the community.

On 2018-11-14 16:51, L p R n d n wrote:
Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:

snip

Do you know why it wasn't added? I used magit format-patch.

I did not get to learn magit yet. Did you commit first?

I commit first and then format-patch. (with the git CLI)

snip

Is there a way to specify a custom location for "guix lint"? A little
bit like the "-L" option from "guix build" for example?
I suppose the right way to invoke 'guix lint' should be to use "./pre-inst-env" in a local
guix repository, but I didn't find where I was supposed to find it. :/

this script is generated by bootstrapping and configuring the source of guix. (We should really note this in the manual. I stumbled on the same stone a year ago. I will prepare a patch).
you can specify a package as argument to guix lint.
"guix lint <package-name>"

Could you please send an updated patch to address@hidden

I will soon. I just tested to build the package with "rounds=2" and it
seems the package isn't deterministic. Is it acceptable or a total
no-go?

Submit it after linting it and others can help you to find the cause of this. (usually timestamp inflicted)

--
Cheers
Swedebugia