guix-devel

Re: Membership disabled due to excessive bounces

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Membership disabled due to excessive bounces
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 15:41:53 -0500

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:

> Today is the second time I receive a membership deletion email from the
> mailing list (first one was on the 31st of October).
>
> It starts with:
>
>> Your membership in the mailing list Guix-devel has been disabled due
>> to excessive bounces The last bounce received from you was dated
>> 11-Nov-2018.  You will not get any more messages from this list until
>> you re-enable your membership.  You will receive 3 more reminders like
>> this before your membership in the list is deleted.
>
> I've re-enabled my membership both times.
>
> My email is hosted by https://gandi.net (I use their email hosting
> service).  I send emails with Emacs' mu4e if that matters.

Actually, it turns out that Gandi has been rejecting some of our mailing
list emails simply because they judge some of the messages to look like
spam.

This is a different problem than the DMARC policy issue that I mentioned
in my previous message in this thread.  The DMARC issue causes Gmail
users to have their subscriptions disabled.

       Mark