guix-devel

Re: CLI reorganization revisited

From: swedebugia
Subject: Re: CLI reorganization revisited
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 00:13:19 +0100

On 2018-11-08 23:46, Amirouche Boubekki wrote:
I do not understand how args work. Is this documented somewhere?

Also I do not understand this form:

(define (guix-describe . args)
                   ^
What is the role of the dot?

The dot serve as a separator between 'required' argument and 'rest' arguments which is always a list that might be empty.
In the above case everything passed to the procedure guix-describe is considered part of args.
Thank you!

I just saw that GNU Scheme implemented that as keyword: #optional!

This is more clear for the reader/beginner actually. ;-)

--
Cheers Swedebugia