guix-devel

Re: Nano: disable hard wrapping by default

From: swedebugia
Subject: Re: Nano: disable hard wrapping by default
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2018 19:49:46 +0100

On 2018-11-06 19:43, swedebugia wrote:
Hi

I stumpled on this hard-wrapping default behavior when editing .bash_profile on GuixSD

It is super annoying.

Could we disable it by default?

According to the FAQ this exist:

"With --disable-wrapping-as-root you can disable any hard-wrapping by default when the user is root, useful to prevent accidentally changing long lines in system configuration files."

"  --disable-wrapping      Disable all hard-wrapping of text"

We only compile with this:

address@hidden ~$ nano -V

 GNU nano, version 2.9.8

snip

 Compiled options: --enable-utf8

We could do this also by adding the following to our core ~.bashrc

alias nano="nano --nowrap"

--
Cheers
Swedebugia