guix-devel

CLI reorganization revisited (Was: Re: Another cli interface for guix/sd

From: swedebugia
Subject: CLI reorganization revisited (Was: Re: Another cli interface for guix/sd)
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 22:24:31 +0100

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Another cli interface for guix/sd
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 16:46:33 +0200

For a start, I think we should focus on ‘guix package’ since there’s
consensus that it does too much.  What do we leave in it?  What do we
take out?  Should we add a ‘guix profile’ command to deal with
generations, but not to install/remove/upgrade packages?

Similarly, as has been discussed before, we should probably add ‘guix
install’, ‘guix remove’, and ‘guix upgrade’ aliases that do what we
would expect.

Thoughts?
+1 Did anything happen after this message above by Ludo'? (source https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-03/msg00845.html) I like the idea of taking generation and profile out of package. I would like to go ahead preparing a patch for the aliases for ‘guix install’, ‘guix remove’, and ‘guix upgrade’. Any thoughts?
--
Cheers
Swedebugia