guix-devel

Re: Promoting the GNU Kind Communication Guidelines?

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Promoting the GNU Kind Communication Guidelines?
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 22:58:57 -0400

HiPhish <address@hidden> writes:

> Oh sure, I would have no issue working with people I disagree with, but the
> topic here is adopting the GKCG over the CC. The CC allows the maintainers to
> remove me from contributing, which is the part I and others are taking issue
> with.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, this is nothing new, and in fact it's
true of *every* free software project, whether it has a CoC or not.

There's always someone who owns the domains and controls the
infrastructure, and who will remove problematic participants if they
cross a certain line.  Where that line is depends on the project, but
every project has one.

I don't see any way to avoid this and still have a functional project
when the trolls arrive.

> This can be abused to sabotage the project

Are you suggesting that Ludovic and Ricardo might sabotage Guix?

Okay, let's think that through.  If Ludovic and Ricardo started to abuse
their power and become problematic, we could fork Guix and move to new
infrastructure.  That's the beauty of free software.

      Mark