guix-devel

Re: mismatch of source tar ball hash

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: mismatch of source tar ball hash
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2018 16:11:53 +0100

Hello Marco,

Marco van Hulten <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2018. okt. 28.,
V, 15:50):

> update—
>
> Je 28 okt 12:23 skribis Marco:
> > Hi—
> >
> > When I try to install calcurse, the hash of the downloaded file is
> > different from the one specified in the package:
> > [...]
>
> I happened to find the same tar ball that I downloaded on 5 April 2018.
> As this is quite some time ago, my *guess* is that the issue is related
> to Guix instead of calcurse.org.
>
> —Marco

A few things you could check:

1. the tarball is the same as checked by diff or by diffoscope?
Diffoscope might reveal some things, such as metadata differences,
that can't be seen by diff alone.
2. can you have a look at the last modification of the hash value in
question, for example by using
git blame, or simply git log, as there tend to be good log entries, so
this should be easy to find.

Best regards,
g_bor