guix-devel

Re: 'package-name-version' and 'strip-store-file-name' does the same thi

From: Alex Vong
Subject: Re: 'package-name-version' and 'strip-store-file-name' does the same thing with different ways
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 06:04:52 +0800

Hi Ludo,

> Hello Alex,
>
> Alex Vong <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> I think we should remove the ones not defined in (guix build utils) and
>> provide 'package-name-version' as alias for 'strip-store-file-name' in
>> (guix build utils). What do you think?
>
> I think we can simply keep ‘strip-store-file-name’, without the alias,
> and modify existing code to use it.

OK.

> (That may trigger a lot of rebuilds though, so we’ll have to see which
> branch to apply it to.)
>
> Thanks for noticing!

You're welcomed!

> Ludo’.

Btw, I also noticed that the procedure 'flatten' are defined in
(gnu services telephony), (gnu services web) and (guix import utils).
[I was about to define my own version of it...]
I like the version using 'fold-right' together with 'match-lambda*' the
most. Should we move it (guix build utils) and remove the rest?

Similarly, 'file-sans-extension' are defined in both (guix utils) and
(guix build guile-build-system). They are both the same. Should we move
them to (guix build utils) as well?