guix-devel

Re: Tracker & Gnome

From: Brett Gilio
Subject: Re: Tracker & Gnome
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2018 14:42:31 -0500

Ludovic Courtès writes:

Hello Brett,

To complete what Nils wrote, Tracker is indeed lagging behind on master:

$ guix refresh tracker
gnu/packages/gnome.scm:5715:13: tracker would be upgraded from 1.12.3 to 2.0.4 --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

You could try upgrading it and see what happens.

In fact, I see that Ricardo upgraded Tracker in ‘wip-gnome-updates’:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?h=wip-gnome-upgrades&id=dd9110df3ad1efaf5cf716f6be5b710b5d348400

Ricardo, do you think we could cherry-pick it on ‘master’? ‘guix
refresh -l tracker’ shows only 4 dependent packages.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Hi Ludo,

Thank you for your insight.

I tried passing guix refresh -u tracker to the terminal and am getting
this output

guix refresh: error: mkstemp!: Read-only file system

I am going to try and dissect this from the documentation, but I wanted
to pass it along.