guix-devel

Re: GHC 8.4.3

From: Joe Hillenbrand
Subject: Re: GHC 8.4.3
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 12:08:45 -0700

I'm not a guix expert yet, so I looked at updating GHC and I got way
out of my depth real fast.

I just wanted to say thanks.

> Some of you may recall that I started work on updating all of our
> Haskell packages to their LTS 12 versions, and making sure they all
> build with GHC 8.4.3.

Is this lts-12.10?

ghc-8.6.1 was release a couple weeks ago, but I assume it will be added
after lts-13.0 comes out.

> There are 21 failing packages.

corrode[1] should probably be removed. It hasn't been touched in over a
year and a half and has been surpassed by c2rust[2]. I'm also pretty sure
nobody except the author ever really used it as it had a lot of bugs and
couldn't convert much C code.

[1] https://github.com/jameysharp/corrode
[2] https://github.com/immunant/c2rust