guix-devel

Re: Bringing the Neovim package up to date

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Bringing the Neovim package up to date
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 19:23:51 +0200

Hello,

HiPhish <address@hidden> skribis:

> Is there a way to get the module from a REPL? I can run a REPL in my editor,
> that's the crutch I have been using so far. (IMO tying the readability of the
> source code to the development environment is a bad idea, that's what IDEs
> always end up doing)

>From the REPL you can use the “apropos” command:

  scheme@(guile-user)> ,apropos mkdir
  (guile): mkdir        #<procedure mkdir (_ #:optional _)>
  (guix build utils): mkdir-p   #<procedure mkdir-p (dir)>

But for Guix, you can always run “./pre-inst-env guile” to open a REPL
in the context of Guix (or run “guix repl”), and there you can “get into
a module” like this:

  ,m (gnu packages base)

HTH!

Ludo’.