guix-devel

Re: Outreachy December round

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Outreachy December round
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2018 20:48:01 +0200

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Guix,
>
> the Outreachy December round of internships will open for registrations
> on September 10 — this is in less than a week.
>
> The Guix community is welcome to participate in the upcoming round as a
> mentoring organization.  In order to participate we need people who
> would like to (co-)mentor interns to prepare project proposals and submit
> them on the Outreachy website:
>
>     https://www.outreachy.org/communities/cfp/gnu-guix/
>
> Please let us know here *soon* if you would like to mentor an intern and
> what project you have in mind, so that we can submit a proposal in
> time.  (This takes some time as we would like project proposals to be
> detailed enough to contain actionable items and milestones that allow
> us to evaluate the intern’s progress.)
>
> Currently, we have no project proposals and no mentors.  I will be
> available as a co-mentor.

The Outreachy organizers have approved GNU Guix to participate in the
current round of Outreachy!

Please note that each mentor needs to submit their project proposals
through the Outreachy website:

    https://www.outreachy.org/communities/cfp/gnu-guix/

(We cannot list projects on an external page.)

--
Ricardo