guix-devel

Firefox 52's end of life, packaging Chromium

From: Clément Lassieur
Subject: Firefox 52's end of life, packaging Chromium
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 11:03:07 +0200

Hi,

Firefox 52 isn't supported anymore upstream[1] and we don't have a
package for Firefox 60.  Currently the only alternative is Epiphany but
it's close to unusable (it crashes every 5 minutes, and sometimes
freezes my computer).

So the question is: can we push the Chromium package?  I've read it's
almost ready[2].  It's probably far better than everything we have,
despite not being totally 'finished'.  Maybe we can add what's left to
do as a TODO and fix the package later?

What do you think?

Clément

[1]: