guix-devel

Re: Guix on aarch64

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Guix on aarch64
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2018 17:05:31 -0400

Hi Ricardo,

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:
> I think you are overreacting and I really don’t think the sarcastic
> response is justified.  This kind of communication is very demotivating
> to me.

Believe it or not, I wasn't conscious of the fact that I was being
sarcastic or hostile.  Sorry about that.  I'm grasping at straws trying
to understand your reasoning.  In general, I _do_ think that sometimes
it's better to motivate people to work on a proper solution, by refusing
temporary workarounds.

> If this is an urgent problem (and your hostility indicates that it is)
> then by all means go ahead and add one of the aarch64 build nodes to
> hydra and remove the same from berlin.

I lack access to both Berlin and to the Aarch64 build slaves, so I can't
do this.  Note that I'm not asking for access; I actively do not want
it.

Also, Ludovic has stated multiple times that he prefers for the Aarch64
build slaves to be connected to Berlin, not Hydra, and I would not
implement a contrary policy without his consent.

       Mark