guix-devel

Re: Web interface pushed

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: Web interface pushed
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 18:00:02 +0200

Clément Lassieur <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2018. aug. 2., Cs, 8:54):
Hi Tatiana,

Tatiana Sholokhova <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Thank you for the congratulations! I am excited to have the web-interface
> pushed into the master branch. I would like to thank you all for your great
> support. Special thanks to Clément for helpful final reviews and merging
> all the changes together.

:-)

> Now I would like to add some more features to the interface to enhance it
> further.

>Hello Tatiana, did you meet my writeup?
>I believe that a filtering function would be a very useful addition.
>Also most of the time the results differing from the results in the previous evaluations are the most interesting.
>Can we get this kind of information somehow?
>Also, do you think, that a page with a possibility to download the build log is possible?

That would be great!
> Am I right that now I should again organize my changes as a new
> separate branch?

It's worth doing a separate branch if the change is large and
complicated, but I think the best is to add things little by little in a
consistent way.  Then you can use 'git format-patch' to generate a patch
file, and send it to the mailing list.  Or you can use 'git send-email'.
Don't hesitate to ask help about those commands.  Most people send
patches to the patch mailing list (address@hidden) because it's
easier to keep track of them (there is an interface:
https://debbugs.gnu.org/db/pa/lguix-patches.html), but in the end, it
doesn't really matter :-) so do as you wish.

Clément